[Zope] Reasonable maximum # of objects in ZODB?

Isokangas, Erik HTC/DE/FRA Erik.Isokangas@hochtief.de
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:55:36 +0200

	I can't comment on "maximum # of objects in ZODB" specifically, but
I have recently been playing around with ZCatalog indexing.  I now have a
catalog indexing 700,000 documents (although the actual documents are in
another database - not in the ZODB).  It works okay but can take from 3-30
seconds to return results from a search (depending on the query).  ...and
yes, my Zope site takes a little while to start up (15-20 seconds),
presumably because the ZODB (catalog) is around 950MB.

	I quite agree with Max M.  Rather than bloating the ZODB with simple
records I'm now looking at using a separate database server for indexing.

	You need to find the right mix of ZODB and relational databases
(probably on different servers) to get the "best of both worlds".

	Erik.