[Zope] future direction (was "problems with SiteRoot in Zope2.5.1")

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:38:08 -0400

There will also be a chapter on virtual hosting in the 2.6 revision
of the Zope Book, FWIW.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toby Dickenson" <tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com>
To: "Breuer, Yvon" <YBreuer@tee.toshiba.de>; <zope@zope.org>
Cc: "Charlie Reiman" <creiman@kefta.com>; "Jack Coates"
<jack@monkeynoodle.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 5:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] future direction (was "problems with SiteRoot in
Zope2.5.1")

On Tuesday 30 Jul 2002 10:36 am, Breuer, Yvon wrote:
> >> Jack Coates:
> >> So, speaking as a perennial Zope newbie, I have to say that I'm
getting
> >> nervous about seeing all the things that I use fall one-by-one
into the
> >> "that's depreciated, use this other cool product instead." I
don't think
> >> I have a right to complain, but I'm complaining any way :-)
> >
> > Charlie Reiman:
> > Technically, no, you don't have a right to complain but you do
have a
> > very good point. I'd like to echo it and point out the problem
is
> > exacerbated by zope.org not having a strong way of marking docs
and
> > products as deprecated.

I dont think we need a specific way of tagging specific documents
with
specific information..... All the information is out there in other
www.zope.org documents. Today you need to find it by searching, and
it would
be nice if there were better links, for example from product detail
pages to
those other pages that contian reviews and comparisons.

For the SiteRoot question; here is a link to my review of the
options. Its
grossly out of date, but only because VHM 'won'.

http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/howto/proxy_options