[Zope] python mysql module not loading - where should it be?

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:48:00 -0400

Dave Banning wrote:

>I believe I have the correct files on the system to get zope
>working with mysql, but mysql is not loading. Could it be that
>zope wants /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_mysql.so ?

No, unless you are using the python2.2 in /usr/local/bin for your Zope,
in which case it would have found it, no?

Your Zope is using a different Python somewhere on your machine.  You
need to install MySQL-python for that Python.  It is available at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22307&release_id=51760

Note that you must use the same python your zope uses to run the
setup.py, and then you should be up and running.

-- Jim Washington