[Zope] Virtual PC: Running Linux and Zope in a virtual PC

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 05:07:48 +0300

Russell Hires wrote:

> So you're selling your Linux box -- why? What's wrong with that? In favor of
> what? I'm guessing that it's MacOS X. If that's the case, then you should be
> able to run Zope directly, see http://www.zope.org/Members/jshell/ZopeOnOSX
> for some basics. I did a search for Mac OS and found it...
>
> Virtual PC... used to be a good idea...

Well the Linux-box is great and I'm not yet getting my first own Mac,
since PowerBook Titanium is still too expensive. The Linux-box has
been my firewall and server, but I'm moving in near future to another
country and also to a smaller place, where I will not have the luxury
of space or a network connection. So my Linux-box would be most of the
time unused, still I would like to run some services from time to time
on Linux - just to test that everything works and keep memory fresh.

I tried to run Redhat 7.3 now on Virtual PC and it seems ok, as long
as I keep out of XFree ,-) Have to keep testing and setup something
evil just for fun. If nothing else, during this trial period is
atleast a possibility to take nice screenshots.

-huima