[Zope] Dynamic Menus

Fearless Froggie fearless_froggie@yahoo.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:41:59 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry here's yet another newbie question . . .

I'm looking for the best way to set up dynamic menus
for my zope sites.

With PHP and Mysql, I set up a table for categories
and a table for articles. In the categories table, a
field specified whether a particular category should
be added to the menu or not. In rendering the menu, I
checked which category the user was in, and
highlighted that entry in the menu. Each category
could have one or more articles, and one article could
be set as the "default" article for that category and
therefore automatically displayed. If there was no
default article, a list of links to all the articles
in that category was displayed.

I'm wondering whether I'll need to create a "product"
to come up with something in zope that has the same
functionality.

The only built-in option I've found so far is the
"dtml-tree" tag, which I guess will do until I've
figured out the ins and outs of zope well enough to
program stuff for it.

What do other people do for programming dynamic menus
in zope?

Thanks!

Rita Mikusch