[Zope] ZOracleDA(dco2)/Win2K - doesn't work from service

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 15:04:44 -0400

vsbabu@vsbabu.org wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've a setup:
> Zope 2.5.0 with INSTANCE_HOME
> Windows 2000 server
> Oracle 8i 8.1.7 client
> ZOracleDA (dcoracle2) 1.1
>
>When I run Zope from command line, everything is fine.
>
>When it is run as a service, the product doesn't give any error. But when you try to open a ZOracleDA connection, it raises an error in connect.py.
>
>The same DB connection works flawlessly when Zope is started using the batch file.
>
>I've
>  - cross checked the parameters in the registry and batch file. Same.
>  - Recompiled ZOracleDA binary
>  - Moved ZOracleDA from INSTANCE_HOME/Products to lib/python/Products and back
>
>Our sysadmin would like to run Zope as a service.
>
>I'm at my wits end with this now!
>
>Any hints/suggestions will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>- vsbabu

My guess is it has to do with how the environment variable ORACLE_HOME
gets set.  Maybe you can try explicitly setting that environment
variable for the service to point to where Oracle is installed.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/