[Zope] Death to zClasses! (or zClasses are great! Except when they aren't)

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:50:03 +0200

Steve Spicklemire wrote:

> Generally, when I start working on a filesystem based Zope Product,
> there's a lot of housekeeping to do before I can really get started
> with the "meat" of the project. The way I "normally" do it, is to take
> some other product I've written, rename a bunch of stuff, throw a
> bunch of stuff out, and hope I've got it all right. ;-)

I understand that, but using zClasses is the wrong solution imho. I
wrote the easyproduct exactly to get around this problem.

http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/HowTo/easyProduct

So getting started on a new product is even faster than a zClass. You
just take one of two products. One based on SimpleItem the other on
ObjectManager and do a search and replace for one word, and you are good
to go.

And they do work right from the start ;-)

regards Max M