[Zope] Z MySLQDA

Chris Africa cafrica@engin.umich.edu
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:25:17 -0400

(Running Zope 2.5.1, Macintosh OS X v10.1.4, MySQL 3.23.49)

Last week I set up Zope/MySQL, and I was able to connect to a MySQL database
using ZMySQLDA. After I restarted my server, Zope & mysqld, I could no
longer connect.

First, I tried to reconnect to the database (a connection was in place, I
just hit the "connect" button), but I got an error message. So I deleted
that database connection altogether and tried to create a new one, but I
can't.

When I try to "Add Z MySQL Database Connection," here are the options I use:

Id: MySQL_database_connection
Title: Z MySQL Database Connection
Database connection String:  database myname mypassword

This is the error I get

Error Type: OperationalError
Error Value: (1045, "Access denied for user: 'myname@localhost' (Using
password: YES)")

It doesn't matter which user I use, I always get this error. It also doesn't
matter which database I'm trying to connect to.

I know MySQL is running and the databases in question are working fine
because I can connect to them and make changes with phpMyAdmin, and I can
connect & edit them directly from the command line. I've tried all of my
usernames and passwords, I've even reset them with phpMyAdmin, just to be
sure.

Help! Any hints??

--
Chris Africa
University of Michigan College of Engineering