[Zope] Catalog import duplicates entries - more info

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:51:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

The double-cataloging happens when I do the import of the folder
containing the new site, after deleting the old objects.

That is, if I go look at the catalog in the imported folder right after
importing it, everything is already doubled (before the cut and paste
into the root).

--- Chris McDonough <chrism@zope.com> wrote:
> Are the paths that show up in the Catalog "Catalog" view of the
> duplicated objects the same as the paths of the non-duplicate
> objects?

No - looks like each object is being 'found' twice, via a different
path.  One path starts from the root (and includes the imported
folder); one starts from the imported folder - like this:

/root/imported_folder/gallery/gallery_items/item123
...and...
/imported_folder/gallery/gallery_items/item123

Does that shed light?

> Are the objects smart enough to decatalog themselves on deletion
> (e.g. are they "CatalogAware" or "CatalogPathAware"?)

They're built with ZClasses (never again! ;-) and use CatalogAware.  I
haven't deleted any objects so far, only added them.

What I have been doing is deleting the records(?) in the catalog tab,
via ZMI, to clear the duplicates...thus my question about a select all
button on that form...

thanks,
John S.