[Zope] RE: Zope group calendar

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 11:06:05 +0200

Charlie Fulton wrote:
> Tutos looks pretty neat... is a definite possibility.
>
> Now, since this thing needs PHP, how would one go about setting it up?  Just
> a mind game here...
>
> Should I serve zope content with apache and also use it to serve tutos.  Or
> is there a way to serve PHP scripts directly from Zope?  One of the how-tos
> seems to have a way of passing the PHP requests through Zope to be rendered
> by apache.
>
> Is there any experience with an arrangement of this sort?

Not alot of experience with serving zope+php for the same project, but
from the same server.
I'd use apache+php and serve zope behind apache.
Don't know what php integration in zope should help in this case.
All relevant data is hold in the database in tutos (exception are
uploaded documents which are stored in the filesystem IIRC).
So, for integrating zope+tutos - if the need might emerge - just use the
database also from zope. You could even try to implement the relevant
parts for your needs in zope, if it's just the calendaring, it shouldn't
be too hard, since you already have a working database scheme.

cheers,
oliver