[Zope] Embedding absolute_url in TAL Syntax

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:31:56 -0500

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:08:28AM -0700, Dan Shafer wrote:

> >In addition:
> >
> ><tal:content="item/title">
> >
> >...is very wrong ;-)
>
> OK, Chris, I'll take your word that my approach was "very wrong" (even with
> the winkie). But that is precisely what is taught in Evan Simpson's basic
> ZPT tutorial.

(Assuming we're talking about
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/SimpleTutorial) I don't
see anywhere Evan has a raw <tal> tag, though I could have missed it
in my skimming. The whole point of ZPT is to make perfectly-conforming
XHTML dynamic; it should look *perfectly normal* as a mockup in some
WYSIWYG editor, or viewed inside the management interface. This is all
pretty well laid out (to my mind, at least) in the first couple of
paragraphs in the "Applying the Principles" section of Evan's tutorial
part 1.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu