[Zope] Backup & restore zope

Graham King Graham.King@team.ozemail.com.au
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:31:23 +1000

Not a problem - but you really ought to stop Zope if you want to RESTORE it!

Only time it is a problem backing up is if the DB is being updated by
something - ZSync, for example. Unlikely, but beware.

cheers
Graham

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Horbal [mailto:horbal@atips.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, 11 June 2002 14:23
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Backup & restore zope

Is it really necessary to stop Zope when copying Data.fs?  Assuming no one
is logged in to your management interface and you don't have any pages that
could alter Data.fs (or don't expect any changes at backup time) is it a
problem?

I have a script which backs up Data.fs to another machine on a nightly basis
(usually around 3 am).  The script makes 7 backups, keeping one for each day
of the week.

Is it conceivable that I could run into trouble if I don't stop Zope while
the backup runs?

P.