[Zope] Double precondition with PDF files

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:16:43 +0200

oliver.erlewein@sqs.de writes:
 > i'm experiencing a problem with preconditions. =ED use the preconditio=
n of files to track the downloading of these. if i upload ppt's or doc's =
there aren't any problems. when i download i get one line in my logfile. =
if i download a pdf then the log shows 2 entries. to judge from the time =
the first is when the download starts an the secon when it ends.
 >=20
 > anybod got an idea on why this is happening?
With HTTP/1.1, clients can download parts of files and not only
complete files. Such requests will tell the web server that they
need a byte range and you will have a request for each range requested.

Apparently, only few clients make use of this new feature.
Adobe Acrobat is one of them...

Dieter