[Zope] Clueless About <dtml-in> and Sequencing.

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:48:45 -0400

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 09:31:13AM -0700, Kevin Lewandowski wrote:
> You can do this all in index_html.

... but I wouldn't.

The O in Zope stands for Object... zope allows you to benefit
from object-oriented design, why not take advantage of it?

I'd put all the sequence stuff in a separate object.
You like dtml, fine, do it as a dtml method, call it
my_sql_sequence_display or whatever you like.
Then index_html only needs to contain this:

<dtml-var my_sql_sequence_display>

Now index_html is easier to read, my_sql_sequence_display has
one and only one job that's easy to understand, and if you
ever need to use that sequence display somewhere else, you can.

--

Paul Winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com