[Zope] How to concatenate variables

McDonnell, Larry lmcdonnell@protonenergy.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:45:32 -0400

Hi,

I am having problems concatenating variables. I have seven pull down menus.
Selecting one from each menu will create a part number. I setup a test to
see if this would work. I have one dtml doc with the menus. After a submit
it calls this dtml doc:

<form name="form1" method="post" action="">
<dtml-let pn="' ' ">
<dtml-call concat_sub_type_to_part_num(st1,sub_type2)>
<dtml-var st1>st1<dtml-var sub_type2>st2
<dtml-var expr="pn==st1+sub_type2">
<dtml-var pn> pn
</dtml-let>
</form>

I call a python script concat_sub_type_to_part_num and pass two of the menu
selections in this test. I tried to concat there but no luck. I can only see
the variables I passed.

the python script is:

# Example code:

# Import a standard function, and get the HTML request and response objects.
pn=st1 + sub_type2
return pn

Again any examples would be great, and thanks in advance.

Larry McDonnell

Proton Energy Systems
50 Inwood Rd.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067