[Zope] Search ZCatalog from Python code

Ioannis Koukos ioanniskoukos@yahoo.gr
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:36:49 +0100 (BST)

--0-605575985-1024047409=:11701

 My ZCatalog ("Catalog") is placed on the root folder. So, there is the need to move back to retrieve and use it.
Chris' snippet for the container object obviously doesn't work. Any help / suggestion?
Thanks
Chris McDonough <chrism@zope.com> wrote
Inside a class of a Zope Product:

container = "self.aq_inner.aq_parent"
context = self

Ioannis Koukos wrote:
> I've been trying to find documentation on how to search the ZCatalog
> from within a Zope product but there is a lack of documentation on that.
> Can this be done? If this is the case, how can external python
> products 'see' the context and container objects?

--0-605575985-1024047409=:11701

<P>&nbsp;My ZCatalog&nbsp;("Catalog") is placed on the root folder.&nbsp;So, there is the need to move back&nbsp;to retrieve&nbsp;and use it.
<P>Chris'&nbsp;snippet&nbsp;for the container object obviously doesn't work. Any help / suggestion?
<P>Thanks
<P><B><I>Chris McDonough &lt;chrism@zope.com&gt;</I></B> wrote
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>Inside a class of a Zope Product:<BR><BR>container = "self.aq_inner.aq_parent"<BR>context = self<BR></P>
@yahoo.gr διεύθυνση  στο
--0-605575985-1024047409=:11701--