[Zope] ZSyncer trouble with large Folders
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 20:08:53 -0700
Really? Eek. If you could send me any bug reports or patches, I'll take a
look. I was running it on Windows for ages with no problems. I'm trying to
get the Sourceforge account running so more people can use it.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dieter Maurer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "Graham King" <Graham.King@team.ozemail.com.au>
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] ZSyncer trouble with large Folders
> Graham King writes:
> > Well I really like the function of ZSyncer, and I'm using the latest
> > (0.4.3). Oh, I see there's 0.4.4 - but here's my problem....
> > BUT, we sometimes get into trouble with large Folders. Of course our
> > developers constantly grow these anyway.
> > I would assume that we're getting TCP connection failures due to
> > large number of objects.
> This would be a really bad TCP connection.
> In fact, TCP should not have problem even for really many and large
> > Sometimes I get "page not found" or "Internal
> > Error" or occasional a Zope/python error: "IO/Error" after a Sync.
> > this last, I find that ZSyncer has worked after all, but it's terribly
> > frustrating at times. I'm resorting to Export/Import to ensure things
> > the first time round.
> We, too, have seen some strange effects after we used ZSyncer:
> Zope reports: no more file descriptors.
> Something seems to leak these precious resources.
> Up to now, we did not investigate the cause.
> Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
> ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
> (Related lists -
> http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )