[Zope] pcgi error while inserting data into db

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:17:27 -0400

it looks like your zope crashes. start it with the environment variable=20=

"STUPID_LOG_FILE=3D/path/to/file" set and examine that log file after=20
testing again. you will see if zope did indeed restart.

i suggest, as a general measure, to upgrade to zope 2.5.1 and python =
2.1.3.
  the combination you are running has various crash-bugs that are fixed =
in=20
python 2.1.3 and zope 2.5.1.

jens

On Saturday, June 15, 2002, at 07:48 , Ivan Franinovic wrote:

> Thanks John!
>
> With this email I was just trying to get some ping from the mail list.=20=

> This
> is my second email. The email is send before this one was field with =
more
> detail but I had no answer.
>
> I set up the testing environment with zope, firebird, Zfirebirddb and
> kinterbasedb on linux redhat:
>

> Zope Version 	(Zope 2.4.3 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python
> 2.1.1, linux2)
> Python Version 	2.1.1 (#1, Aug 13 2001, 19:37:40) [GCC 2.96 =
20000731 (Red
> Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-96)]
> System Platform 	linux2
>
> I pumped  a database from acces to firebird and I fond no big problem
> browsing it.
> When I=92m trying to
>
> insert into omreznaskupina (STEVOMREZJ, IMEOMREZNE) values =
('666','satan'
> );
>
> with Z SQL method I get
>
> ! 	Temporarily Unavailable The resource you requested is =
temporarily
> unavailable - please try again later.
> C-Runtime errno:
> Success
> PCGI Error:
> (116) unable to connect, path=3D/var/run/pcgi.soc, fd=3D5
> Explanation:
> I get the same error when I=92m trying to restart zope from =
ControlPanel.

> ANY IDEA WHAT CAUSES THESE ERRORS OR HOW CAN I TRACK THAT KIND OF =
ERRORS?

--