[Zope] 2 zope faster 1 zope running

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:18:29 -0400

--Apple-Mail-1-911952856

Try increasing the sys.setcheckinterval() value in z2.py (I think
there's a flag you can pass to z2 but I forget which one it is).   The
value should probably be your pystone rating/50, e.g. 5000 pystones =
sys.setcheckinterval(100).  The default in z2 right now is 120, I think,
which is too small for today's fastest CPUs.   An Athlon XP 2000+ (25000
pystones) should have a sys.setcheckinterval(500).

Doing this will allow each python thread more time to dispatch before it
does a lock shuffle.

On Monday, June 17, 2002, at 06:47 AM, Андрей Пучин wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have tested ZOPE under heavy load (about 100-200 users
> simultaneously) and noticed that
> 2 zope running on 1 PC works (processing requests) faster than 1.
>
> Zope runs under Windows XP with -t 10 options.
> Test were made with RationalRobot.
>
> What's wrong with my ZOPE installation??
> Is there any performance tune tricks??
>
> Thanks
> Andrew

--Apple-Mail-1-911952856

Try increasing the sys.setcheckinterval() value in z2.py (I think
there's a flag you can pass to z2 but I forget which one it is).   The
value should probably be your pystone rating/50, e.g. 5000 pystones =
sys.setcheckinterval(100).  The default in z2 right now is 120, I
think, which is too small for today's fastest CPUs.   An Athlon XP
2000+ (25000 pystones) should have a sys.setcheckinterval(500).

Doing this will allow each python thread more time to dispatch before
it does a lock shuffle.

On Monday, June 17, 2002, at 06:47 AM,

<excerpt>Hello!

I have tested ZOPE under heavy load (about 100-200 users
simultaneously) and noticed that

2 zope running on 1 PC works (processing requests) faster than 1.

Zope runs under Windows XP with -t 10 options.

Test were made with RationalRobot.

What's wrong with my ZOPE installation??

Is there any performance tune tricks??

Thanks

Andrew

</excerpt>