[Zope] External Editor on Win32 -- downloading files with .html extension

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:34:42 +0200

Hy Casey,
hi Juergen,

My conclusion after hours of testing: It seems that integration of NS and
Mozilla into Win2k is not really good or Win2k has problems.

>I'm not sure you need the "%1" at the end for Netscape or Mozilla.

I tried it with and without in NS and Moz and Win2k-Config. Without
success.

> How did you setup the application/x-zope-edit MIME type in win2k?

Action: Open
  D:\prog\Python22x\pythonw.exe D:\prog\ZopeEdit\zopeedit.py "%1"

Should be correct. Tried the same also without "%1".

NS 4.79 works (+/-)
-------------------

It seems that the system file extension config and the config in NS and
the config in Mozilla influence each other in a not so transparent
manner :-(.

In NS 4.79 I'am able now to open all types of objects independantly of the
extension.

  In NS I see two Helper Applications configured. One coming from the system
  and one obviously coming from Mozilla (Now 1.0).

  Name: Zope External Editor (from system, not seen by Mozilla)
  Extension: zope
  Mime: --
  App: d:\prog\Python22x\pythonw.exe d:\prog\ZopeEdit\zopeedit.py "%1"

  Name: Zoepedit File (from Mozilla, not seen by system)
  Extension: --
  Mime: application/x-zope-edit
  App: d:\prog\Python22x\pythonw.exe d:\prog\ZopeEdit\zopeedit.py

Normaly it is not possible to configure a Helper App without extension
(System and NS 4.79). In Mozilla you can specify the extension but you
don't have to.

Mozilla 1.0
-----------

Mozilla saves the file into the temp directory but zopeedit.py seems
not to be started. I even see a short flickering of the download window.

If I start zopeedit.py manualy with the saved file the editor gets
started.

Duncan: If you like me doing some tests file me your instructions or
        code to make the tests.

Greetings, Greg
Grégoire Weber
mailto:gregoire.weber@switzerland.org