[Zope] How does DTML handle return variables from Python

McDonnell, Larry lmcdonnell@protonenergy.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:51:43 -0400

Hi,

I sorted of asked this question before but I am still hitting a wall. I am
using this python code:

context, container, script, traverse_subpath
part_num = st1 + sub_type2
return part_num

But when "part_num" is returned it is blank. I test the script and
"part_num" has a return value.

The DTML doc is as follows:

<form name="form1" method="post" action="create_part_num">
Your here!!<dtml-var st1><dtml-var sub_type2><dtml-var part_num> pn
<dtml-var expr="concat_sub_types_to_part_num(st1,sub_type2)">

**<dtml-var part_num>pn
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">

</form>

To make sure I have a value for part_num on the previous dtml doc I hard
coded "zz" into the variable. Also, I wanted to see it on the next dtml doc
called. So I try to figure this out between network problems. Any help would
be appreciated, thanks.

I am a networking guy who they asked to web program. You know they asked for
volunteers and everyone step back but me.

Larry McDonnell

Proton Energy Systems
50 Inwood Rd.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067