[Zope] Inituser Problem with Zope on Suse 8.0

horst wald horstwald_@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:47:51 +0000

Hi,

I newly installed Suse Linux 8.0 and Zope 2.5.0 that comes with it. Because
I installed Zope with Yast, I didn't see the original inituser and password.
And the zpasswd.py script seems to have no effect.

1. ran python /opt/zope/utilities/zpasswd.py /opt/zope/utilities/access
2. answered the prompts for user and passwd with "abc" (without quotes)
3. chose SHA for encryption
4. didn't specify a domain
5. rebooted the machine
6. started Zope
7. tried to log in as user "abc" with password "abc" and got an
"Unauthorized"-error

I heard of lots of people having the same problem. I would very much
appreciate help.

Horst

Mit MSN Fotos können Sie problemlos Ihre Fotos ausdrucken und anderen
Benutzern zur Verfügung stellen: