[Zope] sha and newbie db question.

H.de.Wit@SFK.NL H.de.Wit@SFK.NL
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:51:41 +0200

I don't know anything about sha, but you can call a zsql methode
sql_abcdefg from a python script this way:
RS=context.sql_abcdefg(var1=v1,var2=v2)
for row in RS:
  for column in row:
      print column

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Hans de Wit
Stichting Farmaceutische Kengetallen
Postbus 30460
2500 GL  DEN HAAG
Tel. 070-3737448
Fax 070-3737445

                      Alejandro
                      Fernandez                To:      zope@zope.org
                      <shomon@softhome         cc:
                      .net>                    Subject: [Zope] sha and newbie db question.
                      Sent by:
                      zope-admin@zope.
                      org

                      19-06-02 10:58

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

I'm trying to replicate the following php code in zope:

$code = $HTTP_POST_VARS["CODE"];
$codemd5  = md5($code);

I believe that in straight python, this would be:

hcode = sha.new(code).hexdigest()

(because as far as I know, there's no md5 equivalent of "hexdigest").

But when I run this in a python script, which recieves such a value from a
dtml method with a form in it, it complains that it's not allowed to run
"new". I'm sorry if this is a well known security restriction, and the
page of the zope book or of some manual to get around it would be enough
for me thanks!

Second problem is a lot easier: I've looked at the relational database
chapter of the zope book, but have not found exactly how to do a call to a
zsql method from within a python script. Is there somewhere where I can
get examples of the dtml/python script code behind a database backed
website? The code in particular wouldn't be to display something, but for
operations such as inserting, deleting, cacheing queries, storing
variables, etc.

Thanks so much!

Ale

--