[Zope] Need information about Zope Products

Phil Glaser StillSmallVoice@DirectvInternet.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:01:37 -0400

Hi,

I am new to Zope and am evaluating it for use in a large portal project. In
particular, I need to determine how much of the project requirements could
be satisfied with existing products and how much would necessitate
customizing existing products or creating new ones. I have searched through
http://www.zope.org/Products/all_products and have some questions about what
I found and did not find there. (If there's anywhere else I should be
looking, please let me know.)

******CALENDAR******
I am looking for an event calendar that would enable a group of users to
schedule events as individuals and as a group. There are calendars included
in Online PIM and Zope Unified Grand Desktop, but these projects don't look
mature or up-to-date. Simple Calendar of Events also looks like there's not
much activity. The only one that looks reasonably active is EventFolder.
Does any anyone have experience with it? Are there any other Calendar
products out there I should look at?

******PDA SYNCHRONIZATION******
Since there's a calendar, of course there's an interest in synchronizing to
a PDA. I could not find anything about this on zope.org.

******STATISTICS REPORTING******
If I were to use apache as the web server, I would use webalizer or
something like that to report on site statistics. But if I use ZServer, is
there a product that gathers together statistical information in a way
similar to webalizer? Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree: is there a
tool for converting a Z2.log file into a format that can be analyzed by
webalizer or something similar?

******BULK MAIL******
Zope seems to be pretty robust in its mail tools (Zmail in, support for POP3
and IMAP, as well as the sendmail tag) but I could not find a product that
provides listserv functionality. I also noticed that zope.org itself uses
mailman (e.g., http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev). Should I
stick to mailman, or is there a product to do this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!!!

Philip Glaser
Principal and Software Architect
Sustainable Software Solutions, LLC
StillSmallVoice@DirectvInternet.com