[Zope] How to store variables in one session

tille@debian.org tille@debian.org
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:40:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I want to write an application which builds a SQL query after answering a set
of questions which were presented on several HTML pages in some forms.
At first I've thought that I could store the answers in the REQUEST object
but I found out that this object does not store values of variables over
several requests.  Thus I need a way to store some variables over a certain
number of user interactions.

In the Zope Developers Guide I found something about "ZODB Persistent Components"
(Chapter 4) but first I do not understand how to do this with dtml and
second I'm really unsure whether this is the right method for my application.
I would like to know what is the best way to store some values temporarily
in one user session.

Kind regards

           Andreas.