[Zope] Publishing pure HTML

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 13:28:03 -0700

I have a fairly large site with lots of images ( >10,000) that I want to publish in
a CMF/Plone environment.  It's a requirement that the HTML stuff be available in a
file system and incrementally mutable.  Moreover, the link structure should not be
changed so the site can be run standalone as well as integrated into a Zope wrapper.
Finally, parts of the the HTML site need to be renderable inside Zope objects.

The ExternalFile Product gets me part of the way there but there are pproblems becasue
it works with wrappers and mimics DTML publication.  Every reference file needs a wrapper.
Files are treated as if they were DTML Documents, Images, or whatever.  But they are
still processed as if they contained dynamic content.