[Zope] ASP and ZOPE

David Burton eloquence@eloquent-designs.f2s.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:09:18 +0100

You could look at the PHP scripting stuff, and ASP2PHP, which attempts to convert an ASP script into the equivalent PHP (  http://asp2php.naken.cc/ ).

Alternatively you can implement Zope to run off IIS, leaving IIS to directly run ASP scripts and use CGI to call Zope.

Another option would be to look at the Internet modules of Python to grab files/pages off IIS (which would therefore already be parsed), having Zope and IIS
running on different ports or IP addresses.

Coming from an ASP background, I wrote new code performing equivalent functions - translating the code into a new framework (even one as different as
Zope) doesn't take anywhere near as long as writing it the first time, and it also gives you a chance to eliminate some of the flaws in the code.

HTH,
David Burton