[Zope] converting a manually run zope installation to a service

Kristina Quimson Buenafe buenafe@virginia.edu
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:00:49 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hello,

I did the following steps (from
http://twsite.bizland.com/twzop0002.htm) to try to convert
my manually run Zope installation to a service, but it
didn't work.  Is there another way to do this, or did I
miss something that I was supposed to do using the
TechWorld site's way?

thanks,
Kristina Buenafe

Converting a Manually Run Zope Installation to a Service
Open the Registry Editor (Start Menu->Run-> regedit)

Locate (or create) the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebSite\Parameters\Start

Change the value from:

"c:\WebSite\bin\python.exe" " c:\WebSite\z2.py" -S

"c:\WebSite\bin\python.exe" "c:\WebSite\z2.py" -S -w 8079 -f "" -p "" -m ""

Where c:\WebSite is the Zope path.
An explanation of the various parameters can be found in the Z2.PY file in the Zope root.

Kristina Buenafe
University of Virginia
School of Engineering and Applied Science
kqb7a@virginia.edu