[Zope] MySQL connection dropping

Chris Africa cafrica@engin.umich.edu
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:33:00 -0400

For those of you who saw this on the Zope-OSX list, this is an update on my
first email...

I have installed Zope 2.5.1, MySQL 3.23.49, and Z MySQLDA on Macintosh OS X
Server 10.1.4. I've created a Z MySQL Database Connection, and I have
several dtml pages created that are connecting to the database successfully.
(I copied these from someone else who has been running Zope/MySQL for
years).

The problem: The Z MySQL database connection drops as soon as I close my ssh
connection (I'm restarting Zope from the command line remotely), and the
only way to get it back is to restart Zope.

Zope is already running as a background process, and so is the MySQL daemon
and they both work fine independantly. I do not yet have them starting up as
OS X services.

Can someone point me in the right direction on this?

Also, I've never been able to restart Zope from the Control Panel-->Restart
button. I have to do it always from the command-line. Any idea what might
cause this?

--
Chris Africa
University of Michigan College of Engineering