[Zope] displaying same content in two different web sites

Rusty Wilson rustyw007@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:42:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am new to Zope, but I have a problem I think using it will solve. However,
before I delve into my new "Zope Bible" book, can someone please confirm that
using Zope will help solve the following issue:

a client of mine is a large international compnay (our first). We are building
their "main" corporate website now. They have just informed us that they also
want a "regional" site for Asia (but it will be in english). The regional site
will have it own region specific content, but it will also have some of the
same content as the main site. Although we will design the main and regional
sites so that you can tell they are the same company, they will each have a
distinct look and feel.

The way i see it, we can manage this 2 ways:

1. Manually "cut" the content from the "main" site and paste it to the
"regional" site. Then if the content changes on the main site, we have to
remember to re-paste the content to the regional site.

2. somehow reference the same content from both the "main" site, and the
"regional" site. Then if the content is changed, it is automatically updated at
both the regional and main sites.

Any and all comments are appreciated.