[Zope] Maintaining passing the same dtml-var through several dtml docs

McDonnell, Larry lmcdonnell@protonenergy.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:06:06 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to pass the same variable through several dtml docs. The first
doc lets you select from pull down menus and the next dtml doc takes this
information and inserts the data into the proper field in the database. My
next doc is a form for the users to fill out. I keep getting the same error
messages about the variable key error or not globally define (after I try
something). I have read Dieter's Chap 3 section (very good stuff) and it
tells me the object is probably empty. Again, I know I have a syntax error.
This is the text that insert the data:

<form>
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('part_num',st1+st2+st3+st4+st5+st6+st7)">
<dtml-call expr="create_part_num(REQUEST)">
</form>

It is my favorite part_num problem again. Thanks.

Larry McDonnell

Proton Energy Systems
50 Inwood Rd.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067