[Zope] Performance tests

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:32:41 +0100

On Thursday 27 Jun 2002 1:14 pm, oliver.erlewein@sqs.de wrote:

> Zope 2.6.x ist still way off on my hosts ;-)

I understand that it is possible to install the 2.6 ZODB into a standard =
2.5.x=20
installation. I can strongly recommed this, even if just as an experiment=
, if=20
you have an application that stresses the ZODB cache.

> Since you're using -t 2 on your Zopes are you also using ZEO?

On some, but not all. Where I do, it is not because I need greater=20
concurrency.

Two worker threads is enough to keep one processor busy. IMO: Unless you =
have=20
some methods that are not cpu-bound (such as querying a RDB on a differen=
t=20
machine) any more than -t2 is just an overhead for zero gain.