[Zope] detect pressed refresh button in browser

Dirk Datzert dirk.datzert@tks-rasselstein.thyssenkrupp.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:45:54 +0200

Hi Oliver,

I have ran into a RAMCacheManager problem:

users changed content of a pages which is displayed on other pages
where content is cached.

The normal user action would be pressing refresh button.

I want to invalided the relevant cache content object on a refresh.

Regards,
Dirk

Oliver Bleutgen schrieb:

> Dirk Datzert wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > is it possible to detect in Zope / Python / REQUEST variable that the refresh button in the browser was pressed ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dirk
>
> Hi Dirk,
>
> it seems that some more information about what you really want to do
> might be needed. E.g. do you really want to check if the refresh button
> has been pressed, or would going to the location bar and pressing enter
> meet your criteria.
>
> If yes, how about using zope's built-in sessions?

In which way sessions could help me ?

> Or send a cookie with every page which contains the path to this page.

I don't want cookies very every page, since this will be end up 1000
cookies or more.

> If a page gets a cookie with its own path, you know someone did some
> kind of "reload".
>
> If resending of forms is an issue, this can be done with hidden form
> variables.

No thats not my current problem