[Zope] displaying same content in two different web sites

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:31:13 +0200

Rusty Wilson writes:
 > I am new to Zope, but I have a problem I think using it will solve. However,
 > before I delve into my new "Zope Bible" book, can someone please confirm that
 > using Zope will help solve the following issue:
 >  .... sharing content between sites ....
Zope is primarily a tool for dynamic sites.

If your sites are mainly static, then another tool might be a better
fit. See, e.g. "sitecopy" (Google for it).

If you use Zope, you can use "ZSyncer" to distribute modifications
to various target systems. If the Web servers for your sites
are on the same LAN, you can use ZEO and let all sites use
(part of) the same objects.

Dieter