[Zope] Re: [Image-SIG] Installing PIL on Windows

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:06:27 -0800

On *nix, the python executable that is installed in a Zope binary
install is in the 'bin' directory. So you can execute it by
specifying it explicitly by path.. (otherwise you might get the
regular installed version of python)

I found this helpful in getting the PIL installation on my Linux zope
installation to work.. (it allowed me to run the setup.py scripts
properly by including the Zope python in my path environmental
variable and specifying the path to python and the python executable
on the command line..)

A similar situation probably exists for Windows..  Not having any
experience at all running Zope under Windows, I wouldn't be able to
help you much beyond that..  But you should be able to get somewhere
with this info, it was very helpful to me and not documented
anywhere....

-Chris Beaumont