[Zope] Re: sorting SQL results with dtml-in - not working

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:18:12 -0500

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:07:05AM -0700, Kelley, Sean wrote:
| Hi,
| I am trying to provide a way to re-sort sql results in the form of a table
| by column name.  I have the column headings set as links which pass the s=
ort
| order via the query string

This sounds fine, but why not let the SQL backend do the sorting for
you?  Use the "ORDER BY <column name>" clause on your query.  You can
have the column to order by passed in as an argument (as you are
trying to do).

HTH,
-D

--=20