[Zope] logging out of ZMI

Tom Cameron tom@mooball.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 18:04:10 +1000

This may be an old question, but I still don't understand what is happening.

I have used almost every version of Zope from about 2.1.6 to 2.5.0 and in
every case when I try to logout of the ZMI it just does not log me out.

an extract from the Zope Book says...

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/UsingZope.dtml
"To logout select Logout from the top frame of the management interface and
cancel the new login. You should see a message telling you that you are
logged out. If you try to access the Zope management interface after you are
logged out, you'll be prompted to log in again. You can also logout of Zope
by quitting your web browser."

But this is not the case. When I select Logout from the top frame it does
give me the new login dialog, but no matter what I choose from there on, I
am still logged in and can browse and access all the zope objects.

I just cant figure it out - the only method that logs me out is quitting all
my browser window, which is a real pain.

What am I doing wrong?

Tom