[Zope] The suits are taking away my Zope! - IT WORKS!

Thomas Guettler zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:36:53 +0100

Dunigan, Craig wrote:

>IT WORKS!!  It's very slow, and I still have to work out some authentication
>issues, but I just successfully attached a file in Outlook 2000.  ZEO is
>storing the file, Zope is serving it, davfs is mounting the whole site as a
>filesystem, Samba is exporting it, and all Windows has to do is map the SMB
>share and let Outlook access it.  Here's what I have:
>
>RedHat 7.2 (2.4.9 kernel), davfs 0.2.3, Samba 2.2.1, Zope 2.5.0, ZEO 1.0b5.
>On the client side, Win2000SP2, Office2000SP2.  For those that are
>interested, WebDrive on the client did the job much better than this server
>setup, but I'm still doubtful that they'll let me insist on a client-side
>solution.  I still may not win the fight, but at least I now have more
>ammunition.
>
>Thank you so much to all who chimed in.

Interesting. But what is the benefit?
Do you have a messaging product which access the outlook data?
If you have, I would be interested in the concept and maybe in the
source if you want to share it.
But even if you have such a product, the access to the outlook data via
an external file which gets served with samba should
be quicker.

Nevetheless a cool thing

 thomas