[Zope] setting default home page

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:16:58 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Adam wrote:

> Greetings, all;
>
> I have Zope-2.4.3-linux2-x86 and am having problems making
> Zope look at my index.html as the default page.  I can see Zope is
> currently looking at index_html but I want to change that setting
> to look at index.html.
>
> I'm accustomed to Apache which uses this in its httpd.conf:
> <IfModule mod_dir.c>
>     DirectoryIndex index.html
> </IfModule>
>
> How can I set Zope to use index.html instead of index_html ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam

Not like that; index_html is currently always the default method
(object, whatever) that is shown (in Zope <=2.5 at least; this
may be a configurable change in Zope 2.6, apparently)

One workaround that works in most places, in most cases:

create a dtml method index_html:

 <dtml-var "_['index.html']">

Folders below the one in which index_html is defined will
pick it up from acquisition.

Search the ML for discusions about the subtle complication of
this if you hit a wall.

Good luck!

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant