[Zope] LocalFS problem while booting server

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:19:22 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Steve Spicklemire wrote:

> Reinoud
>
> I think LocalFS is sending an error message to the "console" as a part
> of it's startup.. and somehow that is not valid process in your
> rc.local. I've heard of folks using redirection, and/or STUPID_LOG_FILE
> to solve this.

I once had this problem and it took me a while to realize:

some_directory$ /var/zope/start -D
                    (long-running process)

in another shell:

other_dir$ rm -rf some_directory

Then, when restarting Zope if it had LocalFS, I rec'd an IOError as
it tried to use the now non-existing present working directory.

Might not be your problem, but worth checking. It was annoying difficult
for 20 minutes to decode.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant