[Zope] installing and running zope problem (r.h. linux 7.2)

Richard Shebora rlist@apogee-tech.com
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 06:19:29 -0500

  This doesn't really help but I thought you should know it may be
painful on your system for some reason unrelated to Zope or the isntaller.

I use RedHat 7.2 and isntalled the binary from www.zope.org
<http://www.zope.org> for Zope 2.5 and did not have any trouble at all.
 I had a small problem with permissions on 7.1 but the start script
errors showed me that and I corrected it.  At that time I did not know
anything about Zope or much about the file system permissions, but it
worked.  I also use the SiteAccess, VHM, and Rewrite Rules with little
problems.  These were very hard to figure out, but it was my thick head
that was in the way and not the systems.

Some things I haven't tried to figure out yet are autostarting Zope as a
service on Linux and database connections to PostGres and that is just a
lack of time right now.  There is much more but that is another story...
 ;-)

Richard