[Zope] Apache virtual hosts and Zope on port 80...

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:51:16 +0300

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 02:42:13PM +0100, Ron Arts wrote:
> Why not just run zserver on say port 10080
> and use apache rewrite to proxy to that port?
> No CGI involved, no mod_pcgi2 needed.
> Simple and very fast.

   It is arguable how simple it is - I beleive Apache config for mod_pcgi2
is simpler than for proxying to ZServer.

   It is arguable how fast it is - mod_proxy just passes HTTP stream to
ZServer, so ZServer does double job - it parses HTTP stream which Apache
already parsed.
   PCGI protocol is much simpler, so I think it is faster. But I wouldn't
claim any difference until someone provide us with numbers :)

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru