[Zope] AUTHENTICATED_USER insecure. But how insecure?

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 18:18:17 +0200

"SecurityGetUser = Return the current user object. This is normally the
same as the REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER  object. However, the
AUTHENTICATED_USER object is insecure since it can be replaced"

This is something that has been confusing me, since it is never
explained. How much I should worry about that REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER
is changed - and is there much performance downside or something else
for using the SecurityGetUser -- which goes all the way back to the
Security Manager to get the user.

-huima