[Zope] Cut the Dreamweaver bashing ;-)

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@rangebroadband.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:54:48 -0600

> DW can be used to create equally clean HTML as hand coding (this cannot be
said for all editors).

That, I suppose, would depend on your definition of clean HTML.  If by clean
HTML, you mean HTML3.2 then yeah, I'll agree.  Well sort of, DW(I have 4)
doesn't, that I could find anyway, have a mechanism to add a DOCTYPE(and
doesn't by default) which if you have read the specs are required to meet a
spec.  So assuming you add one by hand, DW creates HTML3.2, maybe 4.0
Transitional, if you are careful and do NOT use anything that inserts <font>
then maybe 4.0 strict, XHTML is out of the question.  Now I have no proof
that by adding a DOCTYPE that the DW markup would validate even to HTML3.2,
but I am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.