[Zope] Confused about ZSyncer setup

alan milligan alan_milligan@hotmail.com
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 01:32:21

Hi,

I am trying to get ZSyncer working between my dev server and my production
machine using https.

My production box uses Apache to delegate to my ZServer using ProxyPass.
This works fine for my manage interface.

I have set up a ZSyncer instance on my dev box with a destination of
https://www.mydomain.com/site/ZSyncer.   There is a ZSyncer product here on
my production box, and the proxy seems to delegate properly, although the
index page is brought up when referencing this ZSyncer object (is this
normal????)

Firstly, I am confused as to why one needs a ZSyncer instance on the target
(the documentation intimates this is necessary).  Surely the source version
specifies the items to be synchronised, and the user/pwd combo provide
enough authentication.

Secondly, when I try to 'sync' from dev, I get an 'There was a problem with
that comparison.' error, and tips to verify my url, user/pwd combo etc.  It
fails to connect.  Not only that, it does not write any log info to the
specified log file either.  I am highly suspicious that it is even
attempting to connect.

What am I missing?

Cheers, Alan