[Zope] Confused about ZSyncer setup

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:02:01 -0800

> > I have set up a ZSyncer instance on my dev box with a destination of
> > https://www.mydomain.com/site/ZSyncer.   There is a ZSyncer product
> > here on my production box, and the proxy seems to delegate properly,
> > although the index page is brought up when referencing this ZSyncer
> > object (is this normal????)

You are doing this through the management interface arent you ie:
http://www.mydomain.com/site/ZSyncer/manage?

> ZSyncer uses xmlrpc to achieve its functionality, so you need the remote
> instance to handle the delegated methods.

Exactly and also dealing with the passed data correctly, for example base 64
decoding the data sent. This also simple changes to incorporate encryption
or compression if desired.

> > Secondly, when I try to 'sync' from dev, I get an 'There was a problem
> > with that comparison.' error, and tips to verify my url, user/pwd
> > combo etc.  It fails to connect.  Not only that, it does not write any
> > log info to the specified log file either.  I am highly suspicious
> > that it is even attempting to connect.

It doesnt log on comparison, only when you move objects.

> I *think* I recall having problems with ZSyncer and https when I first
> installed it.  From ZSyncer.py (line 377)
>
>  def _check_http(self, v):
>         # so people can get away with leaving http:// off :)
>         if v[:7] != 'http://' and v[:8] != 'https://':
>             v = 'http://%s' % v
>         return v
>
> I think I added the and v[:8] != 'https://' part.  Check if you have it.

I never really tested the https, never got around to setting up a test
environment. If there is a patch please send it to me so I can fix it.

Thanks.
--
  Andy McKay