[Zope] RE:SOLVED: Why my Zope kept dying

Ria Marinussen marinus@cs.utwente.nl
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:13:23 +0100

Hi Darren,

You wrote:

... snip
>This sounded like what I was experiencing. As long as I left the terminal
window open, it seemed to run find, but if I closed the connection or tried
running another
>command it would quit. So I took a look at the Start script and it was
indeed setting the "-D" option in the last line of the script. I removed the
last line, restarted
>Zope and it has been up since.
...snip

I'm a zope-digest member and thought your problem was so trivial that I
didn't respond. But now I think I should.
If you'r using a Unix or Linux operating system and you start the Start
script like this:
prompt>./start <enter>
or
prompt>/Web/zope/start <enter>
Than the output zope generates is attached to the window in which you
started zope.
When you want to start zope in Debug mode, but want to be able to close a
window, you should make sure the Zope proces is pushed to the background,
like this:
prompt>./start & <enter>

Problem solved...

Greetings,