[Zope] ZSQL and DTML question

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle@kuehne-nagel.com
07 Mar 2002 10:44:43 +0100

Hi everyone,

I cannot figure out how to do something the Zope way(TM).  Basically,
PHP lets you call a query and act on it conditionally, e.g. "if the
query returns data do A, if not then do B".  How is this done best
within Zope?

For example, I got really used to returning a recordset (query) as an
HTML table.  But only IF the recordset returned more than 0 rows.  If
the query had an empty result, then I would instead print "<p>No records
found.</p>" or something like that.

I know there's a better and easier way in Zope, I just don't know how
-;^>=3D  Can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

--=20

Mitch Pirtle
Corporate Security Officer
K=FChne & Nagel Management AG