[Zope] storing binary data in an external database

Bryan C. Andregg bryan.andregg@duke.edu
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:14:06 -0500

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 09:42:10PM +0100, Christian Theune mailed:
> Well REQUEST['file'].read() is ok for binaries, just passing it 1to1 thro=
ugh
> the database method and adapter may be a bit messy (mixing up sql code as=
o)
> so i prefer to encode (e.g. base64) the binary data so it gets "string-co=
mpatible"
> and you can safely insert it into your sql method.

base64 encoding is exactly what I want, thanks for the reminder.

Cheers,
--=20
Bryan C. Andregg		Duke University Medical Center
 Programmer			Dept. of Anesthesiology
 e <bryan.andregg@duke.edu>
 p +1 919 684 6201

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx