[Zope] Dear Listowner ... (was: [±¤°í]Á¶È­À¯¿µ¾î ¿¥ÇǾ²¸®Ç÷¹ÀÌ ¾î ¹«·áÀ̺¥Æ®!!!)

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:29:38 -0500

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 10:28:25AM -0500, Robin S. Socha wrote:
> In the light of the amount of SPAM I'm seeing from the Zope lists, I
> wonder if you've ever tought about, like, doing something about it?
> Like the magic -x switch to *hint* *hint* ezmlm-make and its good ole
> mimeremove facility. The Mailman FAQ specifically mentions stripmime and
> demime. Running reverse DNS lookups on the senders would be kinda kinky,
> too. And... whatever... :-/
>
> So, dear Listowner, could you PLEASE TURN THIS CRAP OFF?  That'd be much
> appreciated, really.
>
> Do I sound bitter? That's  because I just found out that this month
> alone, I've received 1335 pieces of SPAM. And somehow I feel that I
> don't need dysfunctionally configured MLMs to add to that.

There is already a *lot* of filtering going on, including DNS checks. And we
are lining up SpamAssassin to hook in on the filtering as well. Patience,
please, as the people setting it up are doing it in their spare time as a
volunteer effort (and we first upgraded the MTA).

> And while you're at it, could you please consider fixing the banner:
>
> ,----
> | 1 _______________________________________________
> | 2 Zope maillist  -  Zope@zope.org
> | 4 **   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
> | 5 (Related lists -
> | 6  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
> `----
>
> 1: Not needed.
> 2. Sure, stick it in the subject AND the banner. How about some
>    audio, too?
> 3. Needed?
> 4. Meaningless. This is an MLM option - use it.
> 5-7 Superfluous
>
> Let's try this again:
>
> ,----
> | --
> | Zope@zope.org archives: http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/
> | Other Zope lists:       http://lists.zope.org/
> | Further reading:        http://www.zope.org/Documentation
> `----
>
> Look, Ma, it's only got 3 lines, but more info! *mumblemumble* ;-)

Except that subscriber options are no longer accessible. The format is
closely related to the default Mailman format, and thus much more familiar
to most people.

--
Martijn Pieters